Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Where Does the Time Go?

Have you ever stopped and thought, where has the time gone? It seems like just yesterday I was laying on the living room floor coloring Disney characters with my mom; speaking at my sixth grade "moving up" ceremony; meeting the man who's now my husband for the first time; graduating high school, college; getting married; seeing two pink lines on a little stick.
Now, I'm a wife and a mommy of a three-year-old boy who is growing up way too fast. In just two short years, he'll be waving goodbye and getting on the school bus for his first day of kindergarten. And man, am I going to cry like a baby...
I already get teary-eyed looking at pictures of Sebastian as a newborn. My little five-pound, six ounce baby boy who was so excited to come into this world that he did it six weeks before my due date. Now he's growing like a weed, telling me he wants to get married and become a fireman.
And before I know it, the time will come when I'm dancing with him on his wedding day, crying just as I had when I held him in my arms for the very first time.
So until that time comes, I'm going to try my best to spend every moment with my son as wisely as I possibly can. I'm going to catch fireflies with him and push him on the swing. I'm going to have picnics with him in the living room when it's too rainy outside to play. I'll put up a tent in the backyard and campout with him after toasting marshmallows on a fire and making s'mores. I'll hug him every chance I get and always kiss him goodnight.
Although I may get upset with him sometimes, I'll love him unconditionally. And when my patience are wearing thin, I'll always try to remember that there's no use crying over spilled milk. After all, milk can be replaced, but I'll never get back lost time with my baby boy.

No comments: