Thursday, July 18, 2013

"What If" You Never Read This?

I think I speak for everyone when I say the question "What if?" just plain sucks.  Everyone can say that there's no point in asking yourself that question because you'll never know the answer. But let's face it: it's just not that easy. You want to know! No, we shouldn't waste our entire lives thinking about what might have been, but we all think about it nonetheless. So do we just force ourselves to stop asking the question? Or do we make sure we never have to ask it at all? For example, when I was in high school, there were a lot of activities I wanted to partake in but never did. What if I had? I probably would have made a lot of good friends and made a ton of memories. But I didn't and I've grown to accept that.  But then there are the tougher what ifs. Like, what if I had taken that job opportunity? Started my own business? Found a way to stay home with the kids? So I ask you this: is it better to take a risk and, with that, risk making a mistake? Or is it better to never know what might have been? And when is enough, enough? When is it time to say no more risks? Thoughts, please! Can't wait to hear some opinions!

No comments: