Monday, May 3, 2010

Thrift Stores Are Gifts from Heaven!

I went shopping with my mom today and we stopped at a thrift store to look for maternity clothes. Everyone knows how expensive clothes are to begin with, but the bigger you get, the higher the price tends to be. Well, eight maternity tops, one maternity dress, and three onesies later, I spent less than $60.
If I had gone anywhere else, I probably would have spent at least $20 on each piece. That would have cost me almost $200, not including the baby clothes. Why go anywhere else for clothes I'm only going to wear for a few months during my pregnancy? And they all look brand new, and they're cute!
On Wednesdays, this particular store has "family night," where everything in the store except for one color (tags come in different colors) is half off. My husband and I went one Wednesday and I got about four pairs of maternity pants, 10 maternity tops, five or six baby outfits, and eight t-shirts for my husband. Again, we spent less than $60 for everything.
I know I'm not the only one who appreciates a bargain, so I wanted to pass this along: there is absolutely nothing wrong with shopping at thrift stores, especially for work and play clothes, or clothes you're only going to wear for a short period of time. Not to mention, many thrift stores' profits go to charity, such as the Salvation Army. So, everybody wins!

No comments: