Sunday, April 25, 2010

Where Does the Time Go?

I can't believe it's been a year! I've been planning on writing for so long, but just haven't--no excuses! But here I am, ready and excited to get back into the swing of things!
So where does the time go? This time last year, I was finishing up my last six courses in college, excited and nervous and so much more to be graduating. But I did it!
In May, I received my Associate in Arts in Journalism, but didn't have any real plans on what to do as far as a career. I just wanted a break from six classes, wedding planning, & a full-time job!
A month after graduating, I said "I do" to the love of my life, Kevin. We had a wonderful wedding and our honeymoon was perfect--it was literally the most relaxing, fun, best time of my entire life.
After the honeymoon, I just took it easy, continuing to work full time at a local restaurant with no real plans for the future. Then one day, my current job came to me.
My current boss--who I'd known since high school--came into the restaurant to drop off newspapers and asked me what I was up to. After explaining that I just received my degree, he told me that they were looking for help at the paper. I got an interview immediately and took the job in September.
I love my job. I'm always doing something different and meeting new people that things never get boring or routine. I love the people I work for, those I work with, and our clients.
A month after starting the job, I got another, pleasant surprise... Kevin and I were going to be parents! I was so excited, shocked, nervous... overwhelmed! But we couldn't be happier.
The months have flown by and now here I am, 31 weeks pregnant, expecting our little baby boy to arrive on June 28, a day after our one-year wedding anniversary.
So that's been my life for the past year. Things have been crazy and they still are, but I'm really excited about my new family and our future.
Hopefully things aren't so crazy that I miss out on another year of blogging!

No comments: