Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Turn on your Head Lights!

When I left for class this morning at 7:30 am, I turned my headlights on as soon as I started my car. Not only was it dark out, but it's kind of a habit for me now. If I don't already have my lights on and it starts raining or snowing, I turn them on immediately because, for those of you who didn't get the memo: It's the law.

I can not begin to explain how annoying (understatement) it is when I'm driving down the road in the snow--much like today--and one person, let alone half the cars I pass, don't have their headlights on. Not only is it illegal to use your windshield wipers without having your headlights on, but it really inconveniences the people around you--we can not see you in bad weather if you have your headlights off!

What makes me even more angry is when I flash my lights as people and they wave! I don't know you and you know damn well that you have no idea who I am either, so obviously I am not saying hello. I am telling you to turn your damn lights on!

So kindly, fellow drivers, please turn on your headlights when it's dark and when the weather is not so good.

No comments: