Sunday, February 1, 2009

I can Sleep when I'm Dead!

I go to school two days a week and I also take online classes. On Tuesdays, I'm in class for 9 hours and on Thursdays, I'm there for 13. A "plus:" I only work weekends, so I have two days "off." But in that time, I have homework so far above my eyelids that I can't even see to get it done. I'm not complaining about that--everyone has things to do. But do you ever get tired of being tired? Not being able to do what you want to do because, by the time you get done doing what you have to do, you don't have any time left?
Right now, at 1:07 am, I am exhausted. I pulled a double at work today and then I came home and realized that I had too much homework to do and that, if I didn't do it now, I wasn't going to do it until the wee hours of the morning on the day that it's due. So I did it. And now I'm tired. But I don't want to go to bed! I feel jipped! All I want to do is play Bingo online, or watch Home Improvement re-runs on Nick at Nite. But as soon as I start I'm going to have to tape my eyelids to the back of my head so they stay open.
So I'm faced with a dilemma: Should I sleep because I'm tired, or should I stay up and do what I want to do, considering it's the only "free" time I have? Well, you know what they: You can sleep when you're dead!

No comments: