Friday, January 30, 2009

Ah, the "Convenience" of Automatic Bathrooms!

No matter where you go these days--malls, schools, work--bathrooms tend to be automatic. It all started with the automatic hand dryer and the automatic faucet. And it all went down hill from there. Automatic soap dispensers aren't too bad. Except when they malfunction and the soap goes all over the floor or the counter, instead of your hand.
I never liked the automatic hand dryers from the start. I'm a good ol' fashioned paper towel kinda girl. Sure hand dryers save trees. But paper towels save electric, so what's the difference? The difference is that, with paper towels, I don't have to stand around for five minutes trying to dry my hands and still have to wipe my hands on my jeans. And automatic faucets? It goes on when I don't want it to and it doesn't turn on when I want it to. Even worse than that: Automatic paper towel dispensers! I mean, can i get more than one sheet of paper? It's such a pain--wave hand, rip sheet, wave hand, rip sheet, dry hands. If hands are still wet, wave hand, rip sheet, dry hands. Oh, but it gets better.
Automatic flushing toilets. Are you kidding me? I don't know how many times I've gone to the bathroom and had the toilet flush before I've even sat down. Worse than that, I've had it flush multiple times while I'm still sitting on the toilet. A word to the wise: keep a stack of baby wipes in your purses so you can wipe off your entire backside after the toilet water sprays all over you. One time, the toilet started flushing before I sat down and it never stopped. Ah, what a modern day convenience! I just love technology!

What "feature" do you hate the most? Vote in the poll before it closes!

No comments: